- Powerful Ways to Create a Descriptive Essay Outline
- Essay types to consider
- Interesting descriptive essay topics
- People essay ideas
- What are good place essay ideas?
- Mind or memory paper ideas
- What are excellent object essay topics?
- How to structure your descriptive essay?
- What is a winning descriptive essay formula?
- Great ways to start your essay
- Revise and edit a final draft
- Important things to check
- Final thoughts
All successful writers should be familiar with a descriptive essay, which is a short academic paper summarizing or describing a topic. Unlike many other essays, it’s very simple to write because there are is no special effort that students need to put. In general, you should illustrate it with vivid words. Give a description of what you feel, see, touch, smell, or hear and create an effective descriptive essay outline.
Essay types to consider
Study efficient examples to understand every type:
- Human assignments (it’s more difficult to tell readers about a person and you should pay attention to actions, qualities, and behaviors);
- Place papers (use your senses to describe breathtaking sights to let the audience experience them);
- Animal prompts (the main purpose is to choose a particular animal);
- Event tasks (focus on your vacation, trip, festival, or anything else);
- Behavior essays (show how people act under the same circumstances);
- Occupation type (select a job of your dream as the object of your written assignment).
You can explain anything in details. The key point is to make your essay sound officially and artistically.
Interesting descriptive essay topics
There are many unique ideas that you can use as a subject of your paper. Choose a single event or place to avoid losing your point. To complete this academic assignment successfully, make the right choice and provide its major idea to your targeted audience by drawing a clear picture of everything you want to tell them.
People essay ideas
- Describe your favorite movie or TV show character;
- Make an interesting description of your relative;
- Reveal a personality of any famous villain;
- List the most important features of your peers;
- Share a vivid description of your favorite teacher;
- How you can define potential enemies.
What are good place essay ideas?
- Share a great example of the best summer location;
- Explain where you prefer to spend your next winter;
- Provide information about your dream house;
- Choose a perfect place for a wedding ceremony;
- Describe the country you’re planning to visit;
- Make a description of your favorite garden.
Mind or memory paper ideas
- Help readers picture the worst day of your life;
- The most special memory that you have;
- List your favorite activities with parents;
- Describe the first time you fell in love;
- Share your experiences abroad;
- How you remember the first snow.
What are excellent object essay topics?
- Write powerful paragraphs about your family relict;
- Find strong words to describe something you dream of owning;
- Describe the latest technological innovation;
- The most important thing to take with you on sea trips;
- Write how your favorite video game affected you;
- Share special attributes that make your favorite toy unique.
How to structure your descriptive essay?
The order in which you organize your paper depends on its topic. Follow a sequence of events, use your easy-to-understand language, and write about your related feelings to make this process less challenging. A helpful descriptive essay outline matters a lot and creating a clear plan is an important step because it provides you with directions and guidelines.
Any descriptive essay is a creative piece. You should use it to develop your imagination. Its standard outline covers 5 sections, including a few body paragraphs with topic sentences and facts that support your main idea, a concluding part, and the introduction with a strong thesis statement.
What is a winning descriptive essay formula?
It’s one of the common questions that many students ask. Everything starts with a pre-writing stage where you need to get a clear image of your object and look at available sources to gather relevant data. Having your experience in the chosen field is a benefit. Focus on your senses and emotions to create the best action plan.
Great ways to start your essay
Start your piece of writing with an eye-catching, include a powerful hook that will grab readers’ attention in an opening sentence, and use such efficient options as poetry lines, literary quotes, metaphors or similes, jokes, interesting facts, or famous quotes. Write the first draft of your expository essay. Brainstorm everything that comes to your mind.
Create a mental image for readers because it determines your ability to draft a perfect piece of writing and show your excellent narrative skills. Add more interesting details, use your vocabulary, and play with words. Mind the language you use when writing a descriptive essay because it should be lyrical to deliver significant emotions in full.
Revise and edit a final draft
When your final draft is ready, take enough time to revise and edit its content. It’s important to find and fix all inaccuracies. If you’re sure that your description is vivid, check the structure of your paper and determine whether you arranged all paragraphs correctly.
Determine if transitions words are in place. Ensure that your descriptive essay meet all the requirements of teachers and you put down all the sources you used for a given topic. Eliminate spelling, punctuation, and grammar mistakes.
Important things to check
Before you submit a final draft, ensure that your academic paper:
- Contains enough details to provide readers with a vivid and full perception;
- Has strong words that convey feelings;
- Is arranged effectively and all paragraphs connect logically;
- Includes no unnecessary information.